Hi! I’m Nicole and, in case you hadn’t noticed, I love to read! I’ve loved books since I was a little girl, begging my grandmother to read me every story just one more time. This love of books and reading has followed me throughout my life. I enjoy all kinds of books and like to read a wide variety of genres and categories. When I’m not reading, you’ll find me absorbed in a movie, savoring a hot cup of coffee, or enjoying a meal with friends and family.
I believe in the power of story. We learn, connect, and bond through story. This applies not only to books, but to sharing experiences through conversation, watching movies, and even television. I first started this blog simply to review books, but have found since that my hope is to connect readers to the stories that will be right for them. In order to make the best recommendations possible, I have actually read each book and seen each movie or TV show (at least a few episodes) that is mentioned, unless otherwise noted. As a general rule, I won’t recommend a story that is an exact copycat of another but rather has a similar vibe, theme, or subject matter. Without further ado, here are a variety of ways you can find book recommendations on this site!
- To see specific suggestions, check out my Like This? Try That! posts. Some are based on particular books, series, genres, or authors, but you’ll also find recommendations based on movies and TV shows HERE.
- For my Book Lists in a variety of categories, click HERE.
- If you’re a seasonal reader, check out my recommended reads for each season HERE.
- To see a full list of books I’ve reviewed by genre, click HERE.
- If you’re a fan of a particular author, see the list of books I’ve reviewed by author HERE.
- To see the list by my ratings, click HERE. I know not everyone has the same taste. Do you like different books than I do? Then maybe the ones I rated a one or two are for you!